Recreational Soccer Home Page
(Age Groups U7 - U16)
Registration for the Spring 2019 Season is
We do have the following spots
U7 Coed - 1 spot
U8 Girls - 3 spots
U8 Boys - 3 spots
U10 Boys - 2 spots
U13/14/15 Girls - 3 spots
If you are interested in one of these spots,
please contact Travis Joseph at the following email address:
On-line Registration: Is now CLOSED.
- There are NO REFUNDS once you register.
- Your registration is not complete until you pay the registration fee. If you choose to not pay at the time of registration, your child will be placed on a wait list but will NOT be guaranteed a spot on a team. If your registration fees have not been paid when the registration system closes, your child will be removed from the registration system.
- Personal requests for player placement and or practice nights and times will be accepted but there are no guarantees they will be met.
INTERESTED IN COACHING?:
-If you are interested in coaching, please send an email to Travis Joseph:
-Each team will receive one full registration reimbursement for the head coach and one half registration reimbursement for the assistant coach, at the end of the season, as our way of saying thank you for coaching.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE SPRING 2019 SEASON:.
-January 1st: Online Registration Opens.
-February 14th: Online Registration Closes.
-February 26th: Coaches Meeting
-March 2nd: Coaches Clinic
-March 4th: Practices begin.
-March 16th: First weekend of games.
-May 18th: Final weekend of games.
-June 1st and 2nd: WCWAA 5th Annual Queen City Classic Recreational Soccer Tournament
- There are 2 practices a week (1 hour each) at Optimist Park
- Games are on the weekends with Saturday games starting at 9:00 AM and Sunday games starting at 1:00 PM.
- The Union County Youth Soccer League Tournament is in the FALL ONLY.
- WCWAA MAINTAINS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY - Please read our policy HERE.
- All players will receive a new uniform in the fall season only. Only players that did not play in the fall season will receive a uniform in the spring.
- To view the Union County Youth Soccer League's website, CLICK HERE!
Dick's Sporting Goods Coupon:
If you have additional questions regarding registration, please first read the FAQ page, it may help you make a decision without having to write an email or make a phone call.
Age Brackets will be:
U7 - Coed teams (playing 7v7 which is 6 field players and a goalie)
U8 - Girls teams and boys teams (playing 7v7 which is 6 field players and a goalie)
U9 - Boys teams (playing 8v8 which is 7 field players and a goalie)
U9/10 - Girls teams (playing 8v8 which is 7 field players and a goalie)
U10 - Boys teams (playing 8v8 which is 7 field players and a goalie)
U11/12 - Girls teams and boys teams (playing 8v8 which is 7 field players and a goalie)
U13/14 - Boys teams (playing 8v8 which is 7 field players and a goalie)
U13/14/15 - Girls teams (playing 8v8 which is 7 field players and a goalie)
U15/16 - Coed teams (playing 8v8 which is 7 field players and a goalie)
FOR ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS EMAIL : Travis Joseph at
The U7-U8 divisions play 7 vs 7 with four 12 minute quarters.
The U9-U12 divisions play 8 vs 8 with two twenty-five minute halves. Field sizes vary from 45 to 65 yards wide x 90 to 115 yards long.
The Under 13-U16 divisions also play 8v8 with two thirty minute halves on a larger filed 50 to 65 x 100 yards.
If there is a lack of players per a gender, WCWAA has the right to form co-ed teams, please make note of this as it does in fact occur from time to time. If you are opposed to this, please state so on your registration.
All ages play teams from other associations within the UCYS league and they will travel at times (usually under 45 minute trips).
Please note that our Recreational Soccer program is governed by the rules and policies set by NCYSA, the NC State Soccer organization. Their policy is that once your player registers with a Club, like WCWAA, your player is carded for that season, August - November, February - May, Fall and Spring seasons, and your player's card belongs to that Club during that time frame.
Our program is managed by volunteers that devote over 600 hours each year to provide one of the best soccer clubs in Union County. These people help to organize teams, set up fields, maintain the grounds, buy equipment, work with the State Soccer Association and other clubs. If you are interested in volunteering your time, please contact Travis Joseph at