American Red Cross Warm Up
hosted by WCWAA
(5th Annual Fall Warm-up)
for Challenge/Classic/Academy Teams
U09, U10, U11, & U12
August 24-25 2013
Optimist Park Soccer Complex
5211 Monroe-Weddington Road
Matthews, NC 28104
What: Pre-season Soccer Warm-up
Who: Recreation, Challenge & Classic
Why: In addition to an on-site blood drive, proceeds benefit the American Red Cross
• Girls: U-9, U-10, U-11, U-12 and Academy Teams within these age groups
• Boys: U9, U-10, U-11, U-12 and Academy Teams within these age groups
This unique format provides a great way to get your team ready for the fall season. It's not a tournament; it's not a scrimmage, it is a Warm-Up.
The warm-up format enables you to try different systems of play, freedom to change lineups, no pressure, no standings, and no trophies, all under match conditions. It is a great opportunity to get ready for your season.
WCWAA provides certified referees.
One certified referee for U9 and U10 teams and three for U11 and U12.
Come prepared to have a good time in a relaxed atmosphere in Weddington.
THE PRICE IS RIGHT:
U09/U10 - $350
U11/U12 - $400
REGISTRATION and PAYMENT DEADLINE: AUGUST 12th, 2013
• Teams will play 3 games
• Teams will play 2 - 25 min periods, with a 5 minute break between each period.
• Teams will not play back to back games
• Teams will play Saturday and Sunday
• Subs can be made on any dead ball or at usual times
• U9 and U10 plays 6 v 6
• U11 and U12 play 8 v 8
• Obvious off-sides will be called in U9 and U10
• Punting will be allowed at U9, but not U10.
• If any particular age group is not filled, the teams in that age group will be contacted and offered the opportunity to play another age group or have entry fee refunded.
• Teams will be accepted by geographic location, postmark and/or by the Event Director. Teams not accepted will be notified and entry fee refunded. Teams accepted, but deciding not to play forfeit their entry fee.
• All Games and periods will start and end with the air horn.